Thursday, December 2, 2010

Things I Learned from Full Moon's Videozone

The Full Moon Videozone was a feature that gave us many tidbits of information.

For example, David DeCoteau's last name is apparently pronounced 'Da-kota.'  There- you learned something.  It might not be true, but it is something.  Other facts include...

* Do you remember this Full Moon film?  It's something about toys that kill...
* Here's an early look at Full Moon's sole attempt at ethnic films.  It's less crappy-looking here than it turned out to be.
* Remember Full Moon's attempt at serialized kid's films.  I sure don't.
* You also get to see a teaser for a Full Moon film that is so successful that it apparently never got into print on DVD- other than through the company's website.  Remember this?
* Lastly, the Puppet Master 5 release has a teaser for the new Puppet Master series- Puppet Wars.  Of course, they never made the films.  Oops.
Hey, Full Moon- stop being cheap and bring these back.  They're at least good for a laugh!

7 comments:

  1. I might throw "Horrible Dr. Bones" and "The Vault" in as two other attempts at doing "ethnic" films.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clearly they were quite successful as I can barely remember them. Hell, I've only even heard of 'Dr. Bones.'

    Seriously though, what happened to 'Puppet Wars?'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, "Rag doll" was probably the most successful out of the three, I would think. It was certainly the best.

    And I'm not sure if I've ever heard of "Puppet Wars" before your post... although I could speculate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, it's good to know that I'm aware of a fact that 'the expert' didn't. :-)

    Seriously though, it's pretty easy to speculate. It was late 1994/early 1995 and they planned to make 'Puppet Wars.' In 1998, they made 'Puppet Master 6' in a very cheap manner.

    Evidently, they couldn't funding together for something new, so they went back to what worked.

    If it's anything other than that, I'd be surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, that was my assumption. Or "Puppet Master vs. Demonic Toys" is a retread of the ideas that would have been "Puppet Wars."

    And I'm hardly an expert... I just have a warm spot in my heart for Full Moon. Even if it's grown a bit colder in the past couple of years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhhhh and dont forget Killjoy, that is as ethnic as it comes from the cast to the crew!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, that's how you get the ethnic market- a killer clown film!

    Incidentally, I do plan to do a 'Killjoy' trilogy review, but the first two are out-of-print. I'm sure as hell not buying those movies, so it will have to wait...

    ReplyDelete