Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Quick Reviews: The Shadows (2011)

So I bought a 5 pack of Films that I knew nothing about.  Will I get my $1.91 worth?  Let's start with the first Film I picked to see...
A bunch of people get stuck on an Island (barely shown) after a boat crash (not shown).  They stay in a Cabin...in the Woods.
The group try to make sense of what happened and we get plenty of that old stand- Tell, Don't Show.
A mysterious Spanish-speaking woman shows up and they can't make sense of it.
As her story seems to match that from an old diary, the group struggles to call for help...while I struggle to stay awake.

SPOILER Alert- I didn't (the first time).
This Pirate(ish) guy shows up to finally give us some action, but he also raises more questions (than I can be bothered to care about).
What is the secret of this place?  Are they all ghosts?  Do I care?

To find out the answer to the first two (as the other has clearly already been answered), watch the Film.
I barely remember much of this now.  To be clear, I watched this Film last Friday.  It sure as hell won't stick around with me much in another week or two.  What's still memorable?  The Film looks and feels very cheap.  The 'Island' is made up super-dark shots of people walking around in some grass and a fake lighthouse they occasionally cut to.  Yeah, that's convincing.  It's also clear how much money you save when people just keep going from room to room to talk.  It takes FOREVER for something other than bickering/exposition to happen.  When it finally does, it...isn't enough.  It is possible that you might find this interesting.  As for me, I'll forget about it and move on...to the other 4 Films.  I mean, it's not like someone is pointing a gun at me to make me watch the Film again...
A pretty nothing Film.  At best, it isn't offensive or all that stupid- just very nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment