Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A Rare Case: Don't Answer the Phone!

Do you love mystery? Do you love suspense? How about the mystery of finding out who the killer in a murder mystery is? Yeah, we all hate that! I wish a movie would just tell me who the killer was from the get-go! Who will be that movie for me?!?
Don't Answer the Phone!
Ah, that's better. This movie actually gives you a name in the credits and a person listed as 'The Killer.' Um, spoilers, guys!
*
Actually, the whole film is unique in that it shows you the killer and builds tension around watching him do his work. The problem is that he just looks like a serial killer the whole time, so he really should have been caught from the get-go. He just blatantly stalks woman on the streets of Los Angeles in broad daylight. Reign it in, buddy!
*
Next up, the menus that I have teased for so long. Maybe. Stay tuned...

3 comments:

  1. It really is all like BAM, the only other film with a similar reveal would have to be Visiting Hours, one of my fav Michael Ironside heavies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I liked "Hours." My only real gripe is his ability to blend in so easily. That guy is not the common man, so that shit should not work. Plot holes aside, he does a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think "DON'T ANSWER THE PHONE" is sort-of a weird little dud, -except- for a fairly interesting, manic performance by Nicholas Worth as 'The killer' - I kinda dig the scene where he's giving that big, angry soliloquy to his dead dad... and that one goofy scene where the coppers raid the flophouse/sex den.

    On the other hand, Carl and Tim, I thought "VISITING HOURS" was just painful to watch, for some reason, Ironside or no.

    ReplyDelete