Saturday, October 24, 2009

Mondo Trivia: The Boogeyman

Uli Lommel is not a well-known name in the video market, but he should be. If you have ever rented a low-budget film about a real-life serial killer (why you would do that- I don't know), odds are that is by Lommel. However, his biggest bit of notoriety comes from directing the original Boogeyman film in 1980. This is a fact that is mentioned in 90% of Lommel's trailers. Think that I am exaggerating? Check out...

*Zodiac Killer (2005)
*Son of Sam (2008)
*Dungeon Girl (2008)

That's right- Uli Lommel is still living off of the hype of a film he made nearly 30 years ago! That's sad.

2 comments:

  1. And a bad one at that, I would actually avoid using that in any of my recent films. Fail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, pretty much.

    One thing I did not cover, by the way, is the fact that Lommel is determined to do every serial killer in history! I think that guy needs help.

    ReplyDelete