Sunday, November 1, 2009

Mondo Trivia: Terror Toons

While not a huge hit (rightly so, from what I've read), the original Terror Toons has a cult following. So much so, in fact, that a sequel was made...five years later. That same year plans were made for a third film, only this time with a new director. Who could follow up these two *insert your own description* films, you ask?

Herschell Gordon Lewis!

Wow, that could be interesting. Check out his MySpace page (yes, he does have one) back in 2007 as he talks about the film. That should be interesting. I wonder if I could go rent it...

...oh, apparently they never made it. What do you think about that, Herschell?

Yeah, that would be my reaction too. Good luck with getting a movie out post-Blood Feast 2.

Just to note: I nearly drove to Orlando to see him at a convention- the key word being nearly. I'll drive two hours for Dario Argento, thank you very much.

2 comments:

  1. I cant wait for Lewis' next film, a twisted take on fairy tales with plenty of the classic 60s ridiculousness. Still havent seen Terror Toons, another one to add to the ever-growing que

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm interested in seeing it, but holding my anticipation at the right level though. I was so let-down by what 'Blood Feast 2' turned out to be. Here's hoping we get something good.

    ReplyDelete