Monday, November 9, 2009

Forgotten Toons: Street Sharks

Do I even need to explain this? Read the title of this show out loud and think about how logical this. Go ahead- I'll wait. Back now? Okay, just look at this.

This is a show that was designed to make logical sense. Really? I should also mention that the tag line to the show was 'they're going to kick some serious fin.' Wow. Watch the show's intro- courtesy of the interweb- if you still need convincing.

I know what you are going to ask, so I will get this out of the way. Yes, I did watch this show as a kid. Yes, I did think it was cool.

Up next, a show that combines two things that kids love even more: cats and jets. Stay tuned...

5 comments:

  1. Oh boy, Swat Kats! You know it's cool because they purposely misspelled Cat. Oh the 90's sure were a crazy time to be a child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn right! This is why I'm such a screwed up adult who spends his free time reviewing movies about wannabe Japanese superheroes, Indians living in tumors and race car-driving women in bustiers!

    I have issues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this was post-cartoon phase for me, I was Mighty Morphin Power Rangering it by this point, or maybe just Spider-man and X-mening it. My brother was the SS fan, but man were those toys sweet

    ReplyDelete
  4. For me, there is no post-cartoon phase. I'll always be a sick, twisted child.

    Ironically, when someone makes a cartoon aimed at adults (i.e. El Superbeasto, Heavy Metal 2000), I am usually apathetic. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was always a fan of The Toxic Crusaders. "They're gross! But they still get girls."

    ReplyDelete