Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Horror Crap-llection: Deadfall Trail

Why is this movie in the set again?  I'm going to be brief and harsh to this movie, but for reasons that may be out of its control.  Here's the thing: this isn't a Horror movie.  It's part of the Midnight Horror Collection, but it's really more a Man-vs-Nature Thriller.  Granted- I still didn't care for it, but it is very out of place here.  The plot involves some guys going out for some, well, extreme hiking.  If Coupon-ing can be a sport to some, why not this?  It's all a bit silly though, so bear that in mind.  To find out whether to laugh or cry (of fright), read on...
The plot: three guys go out hiking.  One of them- the guy in red-, is doing this for the first time & is getting crap from the guy on the right.
That's pretty much it.  It's a bit like Gerry, really.  Bicker, bicker, bicker.
Things get a bit more interesting when someone dies and another man goes crazy.  We get a random freak-out or two, but things die down after that.

If I want to stay awake, I'm going to just skip the rest of this.  The End.
Sorry, movie- I just don't care.  I did try to watch this movie.  It was less boring than Watch Me, but that one was certainly easier to get mad at.  That was a cheap rip-off made by Australians.  This one is probably a labor of love by the people behind it.  You don't make a film about a bunch of guys hiking in the Woods as a cheap exercise to make money.  If you wanted to do that, you'd make Transformers IV.  So, I don't really hate this movie- I just don't care.  It's not all that interesting (to me) and just does nothing for me.  How is it a Horror film again?  Does one bloody dream sequence a Horror film make?  Is The Wizard of Oz a Horror film because a lady gets crushed by a house?  If you like this kind of movie, you may like this one.  If you don't, you won't.  On the plus side, the movie does feature a Sin City-style nude scene, which should count for something...I guess.
Next up, a Star that I recognize.  Granted, it's Rhett Ghiles, but I'll take it at this point!  Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment