Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Wrapping Things Up: Cyborg 2

I'm definitely reviewing it this time!  When I attempted to wrap up some series' last month, I failed to do one thing: review Cyborg 2.  Yeah, I somehow missed this one.  Let's amend that right now.  If you have any channel that shows movies, you've probably seen Cyborg 2 at least 30 times.  Seriously, I hope the actors like Elias Koteas are getting residuals- but I doubt it.  In fact, Koteas' work is often not remembered in this film, even though he plays a good guy for one of the few times he had played a good guy up until this point in his career.  Obviously, one actor gets the lion's share of the attention in regards to this movie.  If you don't know yet, do a Google Image search for 'Cyborg 2' and see what comes up.  Is the film the more-competent and less-boring of the trilogy?  Will the Cyborg actually be a big part of the film this time, as opposed to a plot device?  Will Malcolm McDowell make a pointless cameo?  To find out, read on...
Let's be honest- there's one thing to know about this movie: it stars Angelina Jolie.
Other than that, there's not a lot to say.  The plot involves an evil corporation, an old scientist and a man caught in the middle of the action.  Nothing new or unique.
However, it does feature a likely-under-18 Jolie flipping, shooting guns and just generally flashing those massive lips.  Need I say more?
That's enough for me!  I'm being honest here when I say that there's not much to say about Cyborg 2.  It's amazingly-generic and just exists to sell videos.  Is there a deep message here?  Let me put it this way: it features Jack Palance as a suicide bomber.  Still wondering?  I didn't think so.  Let me say this as well: Cyborg 2 is a fun movie.  It's nothing special, but it features Angelina Jolie as a flipping Cyborg who fires sub-machine guns.  It's Direct-to-Video fluff- plain and simple.  If you're stuck in bed or just want something to do, scan any of your movie channels- even the non-HBO/Cinemax/Showtime ones- and watch this movie.  Given the time it was released, I'm sure that you can find it on DVD for about $1 in any Wal-Mart or Target too.  If you haven't seen it yet, you're missing out.  Don't make Palance mad now...
Up next, the final film of January is a cult classic.  Will it outperform it's under-budget and odd sequels?  Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment