Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Second Viewings

Having been a Netflix user for many years now, I've seen a lot of movies (even more than I review here).  At a certain point, I re-watch films, whether it's ones that I own or ones that I just rent again.

How well do the films do on a second viewing?  Let's see...

Dark Star: It's still a cult classic, but it is a lot goofier than I remember.  Was I wrong when I first saw it or am I wrong now?  Only time will tell.

The Guyver: Just as goofy and fun as I remembered.  Is it like the Anime/Manga?  Not really.  I still like it though.

Tombs of the Blind Dead: Just as good as I remembered it.  I actually watched the ORIGINAL version this time, getting away from the Dubbing.  As a bonus, I got to see the sexual content that was cut out.  It's not much, really, but it is there.

Plus, I got a couple new updates out of it, so it's all good.

Return of the Evil Dead: Maybe I'm more jaded now, but it wasn't as good.  The re-used footage- mostly in the emergence of the Blind Dead- was more distracting this time.  I still love that scene where the Mayor shoves that kid out there- classic.

Latitude Zero: A bit more dry than I remembered, but still some great fun.  Weird as hell- for sure!

The Howling: Still awesome.  No question about it.

Have you had any good/bad experiences with Second Viewings?  If so, leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment