Monday, February 11, 2013

Because I Watched It: Obscure 80s Cartoon Intros (For a Change)

I decided to take a trip back to the 1980s and cover some of their Cartoon Intros.  Instead of going for the obvious ones like He-Man or G.I. Joe, I decided to go more obscure (shocking- I know).

For example, had you managed to forget about the Ewoks cartoon?  Well, tough luck...
Speaking of Star Wars cartoons, why not cover the other one from the 1980s?  Naturally, the series was so popular that even the Droids got their own show!

Oh and for all our (justified) griping about the Prequels, this is how it all began.  This is the Prequel...Show.
Speaking of exploiting a franchise, here's a show that did it to the Pink Panther one.  Years before the hideous Son of Pink Panther film, here's Pink Panther and Sons.  No, really.
In a flip, here's a show that's kind of exploitation, but a justified one.  The short version...

In the 1970s, Filmation produced a live-action show called The Ghost Busters.
In the 1980s, Ghostbusters was a hit film.
Using their license, Filmation made an animated show based on their old license.  Just a coincidence- honest.
To be fair, I do kind of like this intro.  It encapsulates the '80s vibe quite well and is eerily catchy.

Was I not obscure enough?  Do you have something to top me?  If so, you know the drill.

No comments:

Post a Comment