Thursday, January 24, 2013

Because I Watched It: Learning from Animaniacs

Instead of giving you the flip-side of last week's segment (show intros that I like), I decided to give you a glimpse at my Education.

As a kid growing up in the 1990's, I was all into Animaniacs.  Thankfully, they taught me well (mostly)!

For example, how about a list of U.S. Presidents (up to 1992)...
Other than stuff like 'Taft was fat- that's it', it's pretty informative for a kid.

How about the Countries of the World?  We have to know them before we bomb them, right?
Seriously, I feel for the guy who was given the assignment to write this!

Speaking of ...well, nothing, here are the State Capitals...
I still don't remember these reliably.  Sorry, Wakko.

Lastly, the most important lesson of all: how to make dirty jokes...
Bless you, horribly-subversive cartoon show of my youth.  You made me...really weird.  Congratulations.

They taught us other things, including how to Multiply, the Planets in the Universe and just what the hell the Panama Canal is.  Suck it, Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?- you're A Capella Songs were second-best!

Did cartoon shows teach you anything?  If so, leave a comment and learn me something!

No comments:

Post a Comment