Thursday, January 17, 2013

Because I Watched It: Cartoon Intros That I Love!

Rather than showcasing the silly or ridiculous, let me take a moment to focus on ones that I like.  Many of them are still silly or ridiculous...but too bad.

First up, Justice League: Unlimited.  While it's not the most creative title, the show's intro (an updated and expanded version of the original) is a winner!
No silly lyrics, no saying of the show's name 80 times- just pure, orchestral awesome.

Up next, the Teen Titans intro.  Do I need to say more?
Oh and I picked the Japanese lyric intro- because, why not?

Next up, an '80s gem that I've been waiting to upload: Defenders of the Earth.
Fun fact: Stan Lee wrote these lyrics, since it was a Marvel co-production.  That's just bonus win.

Finally, let's wrap things up with a twist.  On The Brave and the Bold, they used 'cold opens' involving Batman doing team-ups for quick adventures.  This is *arguably* the best.
This one comes from Season 3, during which they said 'We have X number of episodes, so let's try every crazy idea we had.'  That's how we got Batman saving Lincoln and teaming up with comedian Jeffrey Ross.  Good stuff.

Do you think that your favorites beat mine?  If so, well, you know the drill.

No comments:

Post a Comment