Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Because I Watched It: Nosferatu + Vampyr- Double Bill

I love classic horror films- I make no qualms about this.  Here are some more...

If I have to explain what Nosferatu is, I hate you.  I will say things: this is the original Mockbuster.  It's a film that shouldn't exist, as it was ordered to be destroyed due to a lawsuit.  Here is though via Public Domain...
Great flick.

For the second feature, a less famous Vampire film.  For the record, it's not my favorite, but it is a neat film.  This is for you 'Art Film Fans' out there.
Any films out there that you want me to feature?  Any films that you absolutely want me to avoid?  Leave a comment...

2 comments:

  1. Tim, NOSFERATU will be on the big screen with live musical accompaniment at the Egyptian Theater here in Hollywood next Sunday. I have had my tickets for a month! I've never seen it on a big screen. Sure, some of the acting is hard to watch (then again, so is some of mine) but Max Schreck's performance has always mesmerized me. It made me want to be a horror actor. I used to stand in front of a mirror and copy the way he held his hands at his side. In fact I am doing it right now!

    Thanks for mentioning this great film

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm actually quite jealous. I haven't had the chance to see many of the classics- Dracula, Frankenstein, etc- on the big screen. Have a great time, Bill!

    ReplyDelete