Thursday, September 22, 2011

Poor Bastards of Cinema: Raiders of the Sun

Snakes are not man's best friend.  They are slimy, scaly and don't look friendly.  However, they don't deserve the treatment that they get here.

* WARNING to all of you people in PETA- I'm not 100% sure how fake this footage is.  I'm not sure that they had the money to do that. *

In Raiders of the Sun, the co-star of the film goes to a bar to find the people behind his wife's kidnapping.  They have a challenge- grab a $100 bill that has some company.
Faced with this challenge, our hero simply taps the glass on the other side and takes the money.  That was silly, but...
Oh Shit!  For no reason, he tosses the snake out of the container and chucks his knife into it.  What the hell?!?
Why did you do just 'kill' that snake?  To look bad-ass?  You just 'stole money from a snake'- that's enough!

Next up, a man learns that hiking is dangerous.  Ironically, his death stands out in a film full of dead hikers.  Stay tuned...

2 comments:

  1. I was there as an extra. No cobras were hurt, It was a prop. The snake in the jar he puts his hand is is an Indian python. I know because I carried it around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that's good to know.

    After watching the snake-killing scene in 'Jaws of Satan,' I'm wary of them. If that one is fake, I'd be very surprised!

    ReplyDelete