Thursday, November 17, 2016

3,200th Post Celebration: The Ultimate Poor Bastards of Cinema

Every time that I hit a numerical Milestone, I feel the need to do something special.  It is usually just Review a Film that I deem more important for one reason or another.

This time, let me up the ante for my most identifiable Segment- Poor Bastards of Cinema.

Who are arguably the most famous examples of this AND yet have never been covered?  Well...

In Star Wars (not Episode IV yet!), Princess Leia has been captured by the Empire.  They approach her Home Planet- Alderaan.

Nice Moon.
You all know what happens next, right?
Boom goes the Alderaan.

Millions (if not Billions!) of lives lost in a single instance.  Why?
The Empire is full of evil assholes who would blow up a Planet for no good reason.  On the other side, a young Writer-Director needs a big set piece to show what the stakes are.

Other than accidentally-hide Vader's Daughter, what did they do?

Worse still, the Internet has made it all into a joke.
Seriously, you're a bunch of insensitive pricks.
I kid, I kid.

Seriously though, how am I just NOW doing this one?  Too obvious?

Here's to 3,200!  I can't wait to see what I come up with for 3,300!

No comments:

Post a Comment