Monday, February 1, 2016

Quick Reviews: Star Leaf

Another Film that I've not heard a thing about and just watched blind.  Will it be a good surprise or not?
In Afghanistan, two Marines have to make a tough call.  Take the shot or don't take the shot?
A few years later, the two are reunited in the Woods of Washington.  Now joined by one of their girlfriends, the group is going out to find the famous Star Leaf.
Yeah, it is Pot.  Shocked?
Now out in the Woods, the gang discovers primo stuff, but still have some issues of their own to work out.
Things get all sorts of weird after they partake and the group gets worried.  Is there more than just a 'natural high' out there for them?
As things get too much, will they make out out alive?  To find out, watch the Film.
A good effort, but not a super-great Story.  The overall set-up didn't hook me, but I stuck with it.  As it went on, it definitely got more interesting, but also a little hollow.  The way the Story is framed takes a little away from it (at least for me).  It is chock full of some strange and interesting visuals- no doubt.  Ultimately though, I just didn't 'connect' with the whole thing, as it were.  That said, the Film is shot well, has no major technical errors and is acted well.  I have no complaints about any of that stuff.  The Film just wasn't for me, I guess.  If you are more into this kind of Film than I am, you should like it.  It isn't bad.  I just didn't get all that much out of it.  Make sense?  Now if you'll excuse me, I'll let someone else be a tease for once...
A pretty good Film, but nothing all that great.  Ultimately, the Story lets them down.

No comments:

Post a Comment