Saturday, April 5, 2014

Immediate Response: Captain America- The Winter Soldier

As a big Captain America fanboy- lifelong, baby!-, I never thought that I would see a good Captain America film.  After all, there are shit ones from the past.  So, after one great one- Captain America: The First Avenger-, I was worried that I would never get another.

I was wrong.  Thank Galactus, I was wrong!
The Good
* Like all of the recent Marvel films, this one has a unique feel.  It is a deep, Political Thriller and a Conspiracy film.
* They got Robert Redford.  Nobody is still quite sure how they pulled that off.
* This film *gets* Captain America.  Plain and simple.  Kudos, Chris Evans.
* As controversial as the Winter Soldier storyline can be ('Wait- Bucky is alive now,' they said), they handle it well.  They leave many details out for a future Film though.
* Batroc!  Dig it!
* Abed!  To be more accurate, the Actor that plays him as a Cameo in the Film.  Nice!
* The Action is great.  They make Cap, Falcon, Black Widow, The Winter Soldier and Nick Fury look great.

The Bad
* To be fair, the Camerawork during the Action is a bit frenetic.  It reminds me a bit of Batman Begins in the way.
* Depending on your point-of-view, the Story can be either too schmaltzy or political.  It wasn't for me, but to each his own.
* I personally prefer to see more of the Classic suit, but the Plot did set-up/explain its absence.  I should get plenty in Avengers: The Age of Ultron.

That's it, really.  I loved the movie.

Go see it.

Now.

Do it already.

No comments:

Post a Comment