Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A Rare Case: Dead & Buried

As a lover of foreign and obscure films, I am used to cheap, pan-and-scan prints. I am also used to crappy DVDs that come with nearly no Special Features. Most of them just have a Trailer...for the film that you just watched- riveting! 

So it is really a Rare Case to get a DVD that tries way too hard to keep you interested. This was the case with...

To begin with, this was a really good film. I have not reviewed it because I know that I could not help but spoil the ending to it. I like the film too much to do that.
*
Thanks to Anchor Bay, this movie comes with a good transfer and a couple nice featurettes. Pretty much the usual stuff for them, really. They even did this with the crappy Romero film Season of the Witch. To make things better, the film comes with an audio commentary track by the Director. That sure is nice of you, guys. 

But wait...
*
There is also a second commentary track by the writer. Okay, that's a little weird. Maybe they just didn't get along and needed to do...
*
A third commentary track. What is this, The Lord of the Rings trilogy?!? I think that this movie is great, but this is a bit much. What a Rare Case indeed!
*
Up next, a movie full of nudity...that doesn't show any? Stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. TCM remake has a similar ridiculous overhaul, and someone I know sat though and listened to all three commentaries when I was in college.

    ReplyDelete