Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Impossibly-Cool Cover Art: Fearless Fighters

Now don't get me wrong: this is a good movie. It is completely nuts, but I won't go into the details right now...since I'm reviewing it tomorrow. I will say that the movie poster sells you on a few things that the movie does not actually have. Just look at the thing...

There are a couple of problems here. For one thing, the Archer in the top left is not a main character. He appears in the last fifteen minutes, fires an arrow in a bar, flies at the heroes and smashes into a table. That's it.
*
The guy with the bear claws does not look nearly that cool either. Those things look like those Ug Boots Also, the guy in the bottom right never uses that pitchfork thing. I guess they just wanted another weapon on the cover. The worst one though is the Solar Ray of Death, which is not nearly as cool as it looks. You had to know that though.
*
As an aside, why does it feature the woman with just her fists? The tag-line talks about the 'great weapons!' Okay, now I'm just being picky. You get the point.
*
Up next, the actual update planned. One poster that is both tacky and bat-guano insane. Stay tuned...

1 comment: