Sunday, May 14, 2017

Mother(of Tears)'s Day Celebration

In lieu of doing a most-likely-terrible Film for the Holiday (and the fact that I don't have time), how about I pay tribute to a fun, pulpy one instead?

2007's The Mother of Tears is a divisive Film for many.  It has to follow the well-regarded Suspiria and the well-respected Inferno.

It is also a Sequel made 27 years later.  Who doesn't love those?
Is the Film as inventive as the first Film?  No.  Is it as stylish as the second Film?  No.

Does it feature Witches, Torture, Nudity and all sorts of craziness?  Yes. 

For that reason, I hold a soft spot for this Film.
Is it truly great?  No.  However, it is true Dario Argento insanity and I celebrate it.

Happy Mother's Day to all!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy it too.
    The worst thing about it, for me, is the woman playing the titular witch... thankfully, she isn't on screen much.

    ReplyDelete