Thursday, April 19, 2018

What The?!?!? Cover Art: Trancers (1985)

So I don't know the origin of this.  I want to think that it is just a coincidence.

Regardless of who made this, however, the whole thing is just plain weird.

1985's Trancers is a Sci-Fi Film from Full Moon about Jack Deth time-traveling to the Past to save mankind. 

I tell you all that to put this thing into whatever context is available...
 Seriously, what is this?!?

Please tell me that there is a Book or a Band or something that is just also called this.

If this is really 'based' on the Movie, I want to know how and why!

Blah blah blah...original art...
I like to think of myself as a restorer of fine art.  One day, I'll actually find some to work on.

2 comments:

  1. Aha! I know this one! For some reason the Italian poster for Ninja III: The Domination (one of my favorite bad movies!) was retitled 'Trancers' and given this poster. I have absolutely no idea why the title change, but the poster was featured on the inside cover of Shout Factory's first blu-ray release.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      I'm still infinitely-confused as to WHY you would do this, but now I know what Film it is for.

      Delete