Thursday, August 17, 2017

Marvel and Netflix- The Episode Seven Problem

I like Daredevil.  I like Jessica Jones.  I like Luke Cage (even though I keep forgetting to Review Part 2 of Season 1).  I like Iron Fist.

Yes, an Internet Critic likes Iron Fist.  I do exist!
So here's what I want to talk about...
The Episode 7 Problem
The Shows are all good, even if they are pretty different and also similar.  The issue is this- 13 Episodes.

For whatever reason, they run into an issue at almost every halfway point in the Series.  For example (minor SPOILERS)...
Luke Cage changes Villains right at this point.
Jessica Jones ends up 'living with' Kilgrave at this point.
The Trial of The Punisher begins at this point (and the Plot becomes more about Ninjas)

So the issue is that they had to fill out 13 Episodes and couldn't quite get full traction.
It just feels like they have really good ideas to fill out 6 Episodes with very little padding.  Gotta be 13 Episodes though!

Are they going to succeed with only 8 Episodes this time?  Will a more lean Story be faultless?
I guess we'll all see soon enough.  Happy Streaming...

No comments:

Post a Comment