Friday, May 20, 2011

R.I.P. "Macho Man" Randy Savage

The world of wrestling/sports entertainment has been struck a mighty blow today.  Today, we have to mourn the sudden and abrupt passage of Randy "Macho Man" Savage...
Born Randy Poffo, the man lived a long and incredible life.  He went from a local wrestler to a major star to one of the benchmarks of the industry.  His famous match at Wrestlemania III is often considered the greatest match of all-time!
----------------------------------------------
*On a personal note, his death happened near where I live (it was in Tampa and I live in St. Petersburg) & he actually has an incidental connection to me.*

You see, him and his brother Lanny played Little League Baseball in Illinois with my father.  Their father- Angelo Poffo of WWA/NWA fame- was often at the games.  It's hard to miss the 300-lb guy in tight spandex sitting in the crowd, as my dad says.

He's up in Heaven now, reunited with Miss Elizabeth.  Keep dropping those elbows, Randy.

No comments:

Post a Comment