Wednesday, December 26, 2018

*Almost* Immediate Response: Holmes & Watson (2018)

I saw this on Christmas Day, but was too busy to post about it until now.  Consider it your late gift from me...
The Good
- Ferrell and Reilly are a great duo and clearly like playing off of each other.
- The Film has some very good moments- usually just plain silly- and makes the most of many of the Scenes.
- It manages to be a bit of a Parody of the RDJ Films, without being so much of a Parody that it suffers from any lack of knowledge of said Films.
- Braun Strowman has a small part, but really shines.  The same goes for Steve Coogan.

The Bad
- The Film can be really hit or miss.  It really dives deep into 'cringe humor,' which isn't my favorite.
- Half of the Reviews I saw complained about a bit they did on Trump.  If that 'pushes your buttons,' you've been warned.
- The Plot is barely-there, so it is more about silly bits than Story.

The Film is definitely not as good as it could or should be.  I still had fun with it, but you definitely have to take the good with the bad.

Will it be a Film that grows on me with later viewings?  Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment