Tuesday, January 19, 2016

TV on the Internet: Ash vs. Evil Dead- 'The Dark One'

Well, I suppose it had to come.  This is the final Episode of Season 1, so let's see how it all comes to a head...
Now confronted by the Evil behind it all, Ash & company must fight to survive the night!
Things probably won't end well for you, Lady Who's Not a Cast Member.  Sorry...
The Cabin decides who it wants to deal with and who it wants to be rid of.  It doesn't ask you to leave as much as it shoots you out in a pool of blood.  It isn't a fun trip.
The Evil works to turn the group against itself, as well as releasing a much smaller menace (which I won't SPOIL).
Ash seems to be in trouble and things are definitely not going to end well.
Ash is given a choice: an easy option or a hard one.  Which one will he choose?  Will he choose correctly?  No SPOILERS, of course.
A good, solid Ending.  Mind you, it does leave things really open.  If this wasn't already renewed for Season 2, I'd be a bit annoyed.  As it is, I know what they are going for and the path they chose certainly allows for alot to happen.  I suppose that there will probably be a whole lot of issues that some people may take with what Ash does here.  I get that.  I think that it is fairly in line with what the Character has done throughout the course of the Series.  Ash isn't a conventional Hero, so why would he make the conventional choices?  Regardless of how you feel about that one aspect, the rest of the Episode really shines.  We get some evil, little creatures made up from some Practical Effects, some crazy blood effects, some slashing and some shooting.  The Finale is a big, satisfying blowout all around.  The only real bad part: waiting for new Episodes!  Mind you, there are worse things that could happen to you...
Well, I'm out of Episodes- for now.  I guess I'll have to find something else to cover until this and/or Twin Peaks return...

No comments:

Post a Comment