Sunday, July 27, 2014

Poor Bastards of Cinema: War (2007)

I was actually looking for something else when this just fell into place.  Works for me!

In War, Jet Li's character is a Hitman called Ghost.  He targets all sorts of enemies of his Employers.  This includes this Yakuza guy, hanging out in the back of his Club with his dogs.
With Li approaching and his men failing, he sends his dogs to get him.  You think you know where this is going, don't you?
After seeing and hearing nothing, the audience sees just one dog come back to the room.  What happened?
Hey- what's that on the dog's collar?  Let me look at it closely...
Bang- you dead.
In case it wasn't clear, I don't really feel bad for the Yakuza Boss killed by another professional killer.  No, it is the Dogs that are my Poor Bastards.

Their only crime: being owned by a criminal.  Their punishment: explosive death!

You'll see more of War in the future- I just won't say why or when.

No comments:

Post a Comment