Sunday, March 29, 2009

WTF Japan?!?: The Glamorous Life of Sachiko Hanai

After all this time, crazy stuff continues to boggle my mind. This film is no exception. I was expecting a lot of weird, but it still managed to shock me. This is...
I must preface the review by stating that this was my first Pink film. This was a while before "Assault! Jack the Ripper." Still, it is backflipping-Beowulf crazy!
*
A secret terrorist group is doing a business deal in a Japanese diner late at night. I guess there aren't any abandoned factories nearby. After a long night on the job, our eponymous hooker enters the establishment. A dispute arises and a shootout follows. In the process, Sachiko is shot in the center of her forehead. The end.
*
No, I'm just kidding. She lives somehow and ends up with the desired object as well. Sachiko begins to go through some changes as a result of this, the most notable is a dramatic increase in her intelligence. This does not stop her from having sex with a lot of random men, it just changes the reasons for it. You can't keep a good whore down.
*
Let's get to the really crazy stuff now. The object that these men killed each other over is a cloned copy of George W. Bush's trigger finger. It also red, white and blue. Just go with me, people. Throughout the film, she has numerous hallucinations involving our last President as a result. The 'high point' of the movie is where she uses her control over the digit to...um...take care of business. It is weird, trippy and slightly macabre.
*
It is hard to recommend this movie to anyone with dignity, common sense or a strong sense of logic. Honestly, if the film had been more about satire and less about sex, I would easily recommend it to you. Whenever you think that creativity is gone out of cinema, stuff like this comes along. Whether it is a good or bad thing is up to you.
*
One more to go. How can I end this series on a high note? Two words: Battle Royale. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment