Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Random (and Pointless) Aside

I listen to a lot of weird music: Maximum the Hormone, Hammerfall and the like. I've gotten more into Heavy Metal as of late. One band that has intrigued me as of late is Megadeth. The name just screams 'I'm fucking metal' doesn't it? A particular song has gotten my ire for a really strange reason. The song is called, innocently enough, "Psychotron."

This is the part that gets me. It is from the chorus.

'Part organic...
...and bionic...
Not a cyborg,'

Giving them a chance at creative license aside, this makes no sense. How can you be part organic and part bionic and NOT be a cyborg. All evidence points to this being wrong.

Is it too much to ask for rock songs' lyrics to make sense? Even songs about robotic killing machines should have some logic.

To be fair, this is from the same band that brought us this grammatical gem.

'The answer to your question is...
Welcome to tomorrow!'

That feels better.

P.S. A real post is coming. It's going to be a doozy. Stay tuned...

1 comment: