Wednesday, November 18, 2020

New Streaming: The Mandalorian- 'The Heiress'

 As you can imagine, I didn't wait too long to watch this Episode.  After all, the Internet moves fast and so must I...

After all of the drama and action in the last Episode, The Mandalorian's Ship is not doing great, so he finds a safe port to recover.

Meanwhile, he is being watched by a mysterious woman.

After the Teaser for this, I sure hope it is as good as we're all building it up to be.
Our Hero finds some new allies in a dark time.  Is there a catch to the help they offer though?
Can they deal with a small group of Imperial Soldiers between them and the information they need?

Oh hai Mr. Bosch!
Will they succeed on their mission?  Will that damn Baby Yoda get even cuter?

To find out, stream the Show.  I mean, it is Boss Time, after all.
A strong Episode- naturally.  Right off the bat, I will mention again that I won't go too far into SPOILERS.  I don't want to be that dick who ruins the Show for you.  I like to ruin other things- like your childhood and Movies that are actually kind of Racist- but not that.  So yeah, I'm going to be a bit vague here- as always.  The first thing to note is that Bryce Dallas Howard does another good job here.  If you recall, she did Episode Four of the Series and was quite good.  That one made an AT-AT into a new, scary threat and got Gina Carano to emote (a little bit).  In this one, she gives us a great Intro with the Ship's let's just say inelegant landing on the Planet.  We also get some nice Aliens, more Mandalorians (of a sort) and some classic Star Wars feel.  The last Episode was a Horror Film and the one before that was a Western (meets Creature Feature).  This one is a closer to the classic Action-Humor Formula that has worked so well.  Hey, if Films like Terminator 2, Waxwork 2 and Aliens can pivot, why not this Show?  While she doesn't do all that much, it was also nice to see Sasha Banks here.  Doing more is 'Starbuck' (see below) and she does a nice job here.  I guess redheads stick together.  My only critique is that the Show is edging closer to being something that is just there to sell you on other things.  Case in point: I guess I have to watch Star Wars: Rebels now?  Okay...

Next time, more Space Western action.  Who's going to show up next time?  See you then...

No comments:

Post a Comment