Thursday, July 27, 2023

Tubi Thursday: Sky Sharks (2020)

 Well, I did mention Flying Sharks last Review, didn't I?

It is time to deliver with...

A passenger plane full of random Actors and Extras- Cary Hiroyuki-Tagawa and Robert LaSorda- are attacked by strange men on flying sharks.

Yep.  Why not?

They kill everyone as we get the Titles.
This is, I guess, the 4th Reich making their big move.  They made sharks that can fly...somehow.

Why they attacked a random plane, thus revealing themselves, is anyone's guess.
Our Heroes are an old Scientist- who worked on the original Flying Shark Program- and his two Daughters.

Can they lead a ragtag group of Soldiers to victory?

Will you enjoy Tony Todd's remote scenery chewing as much as I did?
As the World is in peril, nobody seems to be up to the task.

If you have to stop Flying Sharks and Nazis, what would you do?

To find out what they do, watch the Film now.
It is a fun, if disjointed mess of a Film.  There are many things to like here...with a big caveat.

If you are the kind of person, like me, who would click on a Film called Sky Sharks, you will like what the Film has to offer.
If you are not, then you won't be a fan.

The draw here is the crazy visual of the Sharks, the Nazi Zombies and lots of gore.  It is full of practical effects, so I'm not going to complain.

That said, the Plot is pretty much a series of random Scenes.  To put it into context, after the final Battle, I was expecting one more thing to happen.  So, when the Credits started, I was like 'Oh, that's it?'

Sky Sharks is a dumb, but enjoyable bit of Sci-Fi bollocks.  It has lots of loud music- some of it good- to distract you from the, well, nothing that is happening sometimes.  

That said, I watched this instead of a Mark Polonia Film, so I still win in the end.  No delays here.

A fun, stupid Film in the vein of Kung Fury.  That said, it has good CGI Sharks and enough nonsense to fill up 90 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment