Thursday, August 20, 2020

Double-Rip Off Cover Art: 'Reigo: King of the Sea Monsters' and 'Raiga: God of the Monsters' (No Relation)

 At a Video Store (they exist if you know where to look), I came across the 2nd bit of Artwork I'm going to share.

I didn't buy the Film, but did look into it.

What I found was that the Film was not alone.

First up, Reigo: King of the Sea Monsters....

You've gotta love the nerve of this one.

As a bonus, I'm pretty sure that Ship Image is a generic art asset that I've seen on at least one Asylum Film Poster.

Here's the unrelated Film with a similar name- Raiga: God of the Monsters!
A more shameless one in terms of design, given that it looks like a weird cross between 2014's Godzilla, a bit of Kong: Skull Island and, of course, the font from the new Film.

So here's where things get more interesting.

First, Reigo is not even a new Film.  It is, in fact, a Film from 2005 with a *slightly* different Title...
Besides looking even cheaper (what is the scale?!?), this one tows a double copyright line as there are a number of Animes/OVAs with Yamato in the Title.

Yes, it is also a real Ship, but...I mean, come on.

In Raiga's case, it is just a bit of difference in the marketing...

The Title remains the same, but this Japanese Poster sure doesn't look like it is trying to trick you nearly as much.

You can thank the US Distributors for that one.

Are the Films worth watching?  Reviews are poor to mixed, so let me know if I should.

No comments:

Post a Comment