Monday, September 15, 2014

Mondo Bizarro Reviews Anime: Upotte!

While I had/have my Free Trial of Crunchyroll (to watch Tono to Issho), I might as well get another one of these out of the way.  As 'luck' would have it, I found a very, very weird one...
Rather than giving you a regular Summary here, let me walk you through the experience of watching this with no information given ahead of time.  You get a silly (but standard) Intro until...
...um, do you want to explain?  

Well, they do eventually...
Of course, she's not kidding.  That is the Plot of this show.  If you want answers...ask someone else.  I got nothing.
Oh and they also use Guns in their School where they're training...to be guns...by learning to fire other guns.  Thanks for that, Japan.

The Premise is just way too random and unexplained for me to get that into.  If your'e interested, all 10 Episodes are on Crunchyroll.  In lieu of a more detailed Synopsis, here are two out-of-context Screen Caps for your enjoyment.
 ***Bang***
This is .38 Caliber weird!  The premise is bizarre.  Let me just repeat this: the girls at the School are anthropomorphized guns training to be...better guns (or something).  What.  the.  Hell.  Mind you, Japan is the same place that gave us a Dating Sim...involving Pigeons, so I expect weird.  The key thing is this: explaining how it works.  The craziest Anime Shows I've seen (like Sekirei or Squid Girl) are odd, but do explain their plots (even if it is ridiculous how it works).  This one just says something weird and expects you to never question it apparently.  I do.  I question it alot!  Without the crazy gun aspect, this is a pretty by-the-numbers Anime.  If you are expecting something bizarre beyond the basic premise, you don't really get it.  Having said that, I know that some people love this kind of Show alot more than I do.  If the goofy, 'slice of life' show is your thing, this will work for you.  For everyone else, don't get yourself too worked up...
Up next, a more-detailed look at an Anime Series that inspired a previous Review...of its Live-Action Adaptation.  Do I finally cover Cutie Honey or something less stupid?  Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment