Thursday, May 30, 2024

Tubi Thursday: Mimesis- Nosferatu (2018)

 I had Bob pick a letter- he chose M.  That gave me an excuse to review the 2018 Sequel to a 2011 Film I covered in 20132011 Film I covered in 2013.

Like with Fear of Clowns 2, I was in no rush.

A Cold Open has a woman- Kristy Swanson- is worried about her young son being obsessed with the 1922 Film Nosferatu.

Sure- why not?!?

He shaves his head, puts his fangs in and kills her!
Some vague amount of time later, we see Lance Henriksen talk menacingly.  More on that later.

At Harker University (get it?), a young woman wants to be Mina in the School Play- Dracula, duh- and not Lucy.
Meanwhile, a bunch of folks make themselves up to be a cross between Nosferatu and Goldust.

They even knock their front teeth out to be replaced with rat fangs.

Why?
A man named The Auteur is behind it.

Was he in the other Mimesis Film?  Let me see...No.

He wants to make Art imitate life by having people 'become' Horror Movie Monsters.
Will he face justice?
The Nosferatus...or NosferaTHREE start killing people, while the Play is slowly being prepared.

We also get Obvious Victims to pad this thing out to feature length.

Who will live?  Who will die?

To find out, watch the Film now.
I wanted to like this.  I wanted to tell you that I found a hidden gem.
No such luck.

This is a follow-up to the other Mimesis Film- bringing one Character over and doing little with him- and I still don't know more about this concept.

Why does he want people to act like Vampires?  Why do they?
What did that Intro have to do with anything?

The drama of the Film is about our Heroine and she's fine.  Everyone else is pretty forgettable.  The lead guy is clearly the wrong Age for this- which is kind of a given, no?

I liked Lance here, even if he was just presented on tape.  At least Alec Guiness was there in the car (even if it was 10 years earlier).  It's just a shame that he's in this Film.
Oh well.

A Film that has plenty of potential.  Too bad it looks and feels so cheap- it doesn't help at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment