Sunday, February 11, 2024

Shudder-day: Creepshow- 'Baby Teeth"

One last Segment to go.  

What will do after I'm done talking about...

A teenage girl gets her wisdom teeth taken out.

In my experience, this look is to be expected.
Her Mother is very smothering, which we find out later is due to her Husband and Mother both running out on her.

She insists that the Daughter put her matching, metal necklace back on, but she refuses.
She goes back home and acts all rebellious, being a teenage girl on all.

She finds out that her Mother kept all of her baby teeth (as well as the now-extracted ones) in a box.

What is the reason behind it?

It is too weird for me to SPOIL, so you'll just have to watch it and see.
It's definitely a weird one to go out on.
To be fair, the Show has mostly moved past the more straightforward 'Monster A Shows up to kill People' kind of story.

It is Season 4- you've got to mix things up!

This one was very strange, but does a good job of building up mystery and tension in a tight runtime.  This one is about 20 minutes long.  Even so, it foreshadows things nicely.

I *think* I understand it, but that's fine.

I won't SPOIL the creature.  I will say that it is a fun, low-budget one.

So, there we are- the last Segment in Creepshow so far.  Now I just have to break the news to someone else.  I hope that they take it well...

A fun, weird little Story.  I'm not going to say that it is my favorite, but it was freaky.

No comments:

Post a Comment