Sunday, February 19, 2023

Shudder Sunday: Skinamarink (2023)

 Yeah, I don't see it.

This Film is abruptly popular, partly because it was accidentally leaked online.
What is this $15,000 phenomenon?

It is late night.  
Weird noises are happening.
Kids are wandering around.
A Dad is sometimes heard speaking.
Things 'escalate' when a TV is on and playing just out of frame.

I guess the sounds and songs of old Betty Boop Cartoons are truly scary.
I gave this Film half an hour and what did I get?

More shots of doors.
More random noises.
Doors disappearing via silly sound effect.
Terror?

Yeah...I'm good.  The End.
I'm sure that someone will tell me that I 'didn't get it' or that I 'didn't give it enough time.'
If I'm watching a Film that is nothing but out of frame noises, doors and TVs for half an hour, why do I need to watch more?  What does it gain me?

I'm happy for the guy getting his Film made and getting acclaim.
He's just not getting it from me.

Whatever is supposed to be happening here, I just don't care.

The Film doesn't set up ANYTHING, let alone its Setting or Character.  It just abruptly starts...and then nothing of note happens.
So, I have no frame of reference and I can't be bothered to care.

To put it another way, imagine if a whole Film was from this guy's perspective in this one Scene for 100 minutes...

Will I get hate for this?  Maybe.  Do I think differently about this Film because of that?  No.

No comments:

Post a Comment