Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Creepy Rigatoni: Channel Zero, Candle Cove- Episode 4

After a long absence, I return to finish off the original Mini-Series.  The new one is running, so why not now?

As a refresher, Mike is a slightly-crazy guy who seemingly-killed his twin brother in 1988.  Both were haunted by the tale of Candle Cove, a crazy Show that only they could remember or see.  He's back in Town as an Adult as more stuff happens.
In Flashbacks, we learn that Michael and Jessica were more than a little friendly and that Eddie (Michael's twin) was growing more obsessed with the Show, even making a Doll.
In the Present, Mike's Daughter has suddenly shown up, despite living nowhere near the Town.  She is apparently being controlled by some evil force.

Evil Kids are abundant in this Town!
The new Sheriff- as the old one is in Jail- investigates some kids, but gets no help from a Teacher.  She is the same one who got busy with a hook last Episode, so she's no good.

Said kids are practicing for 'a Play' as the Candle Cove Characters and engage in some light stalking.
Will these kids prove to be deadly?  Will Mike's strange gambit restore his daughter?

To find out, watch the Show (back On Demand for the new Season).
More of the same dark, bleak insanity.  I was worried that the Show might not work for me after such a long (unintentional) absence.  It still holds up though.  The Story continues to work as a vague, dream-like experiment in Narrative.  Stuff still happens and you feel like the Plot is escalating...without being able to point to as many clear moments as you'd think.  They also don't waste time on stuff like Dougie Cooper, so good for them.  Cheap shots at Twin Peaks aside, I really like this Show as a short-form Series.  I'm 4 Episodes in now and I know that there are only 6.  I don't know if there will be any connection between this and a future Channel Zero mini-series.  That's alright.  I know what this is- a shorter, more intense bit of creepy Television.  I still have no interest in *actual* Creepypasta, but I hope I can keep watching stuff like this.  I'm not alone either...
Next time, things only get weirder and more stab-happy.  Like I could (or would) SPOIL this.  See you then...

No comments:

Post a Comment