Monday, September 25, 2017

Pilot Wings: Channel Zero- The No-End House

Another 'Season' of this strange, but interesting Series.  Before I wrap up my look at the original Episodes, let's look ahead to this unrelated (so far) Story...
Somewhere between being kids in a Disney Film and the Hipsters of It Follows, our Heroes are spending the end of Summer checking out the titular attraction.
The No-End House promises 6 scary Rooms designed to mess with you.  Enjoy!
Head Molds of you less than 5 minutes after entering.  Nothing weird about that!
Man cosplaying as the floating head from Zardoz.  Again- nothing weird about that.

He leads our Heroine to the 3rd and 4th Rooms, where all sorts of creepy stuff happens.
After a freaky night at the Haunted House, she returns home for a surprise (that I won't SPOIL).

To find out what happens, watch the Show this Year.
Subtle, freaky stuff.  The first Episode of this Season does a good job of a slow, but steady burn.  They give you a big moment at the beginning, just without any context.  After that, we get slow and steady stuff that seems a little weird.  Once they get into the House, they still build things up nicely.  The Rooms manage to be plenty freaky and worth the wait.  While I don't find the Characters completely-relatable (given my lack of obvious life experience comparisons), but I did like their Story.  They seems like nice people and I want them to live.  Given the Story, I don't know how good the odds of that are though.  All in all, I like the Pilot and it made me wait to see how this would all play out.  Mission accomplished.  Just remember- while you're watching Shows like this, people are watching you...
A neat idea for a creepy Show.  The key is going to be how well it all plays out now...

No comments:

Post a Comment