Monday, January 2, 2023

The Best, Worst and Most Disappointing of Tubi Thursday in 2022

 Tubi still hasn't paid me for all of this free advertising I give them.
Eh...I'll keep doing it still.

Doing Tubi Thursday helped keep me on Schedule- in one instance- and exposed me to much I might not have seen this Year.

Some was good.
Some was bad (very bad!)
Some was just disappointing.

Let's discuss some, shall we?

Best: Hurricane Smith- While not a great Film, it's all relative, no?

I had fun with this never-discussed much Film with 'Apollo' in Australia.
Fun is what I'm looking for with a Film with this Cast and Plot.


Worst: Queen Crab- It was worse than expected in one major way: lack of fun.

The Film used Stop-Motion in place of CGI which takes away some of the silly charm from these things.  The CGI is bad.  This Stop Motion was...alright, but the Plot was so self-serious and drab.


Most Disappointing: Primal Scream- This one sounded like dumb fun, but just put me to sleep.

It has this weird Sci-Fi Noir thing it is going for but was just so cheap (you can almost see the hand moving their spaceship in one shot) and uninteresting.  That's the biggest crime, really.

Best: Swamp Thing- Admittedly, I've seen the Film before.  Even so, it is a great bit of schlocky fun.  It's so serious, which makes it all the better.


Worst: Land Shark (2017)- On a whim, I did the 2 Films called 'Land Shark.'

One was a cheesy Chinese Monster Film (which wasn't technically part of this Series) and then this one...well, really sucked.

It seriously has the worst Special Effects I've seen in a while and was just bad.


Most Disappointing: Curse of the Kraken- This Chinese Monster Film promises way more than it can deliver.

The premise- random folks vs a killer Kraken.
The Film- a Kraken attacks at the beginning and is gone until the last 5-10 minutes.  In its place, 'mutants' jumping around and people fighting in the dirt.

Not even a random 2-headed Shark cameo can save this.  Boo.

Curious to see what else has been covered?  

Just search for 'Tubi' on the Site.

No comments:

Post a Comment