Thursday, December 22, 2022

Tubi Thursday: Krampus 2- The Devil Returns (2016)

 So back in 2016, I reviewed the 2013 Film Krampus: The Christmas Devil.
In 2016, they also released a Sequel.

In 2022, I finally covered it.
I wished that I had waited until 2032...

Krampus is back in this small Town and is kidnapping kids.

The first one we see is a kid who breaks into an empty House to vandalize it.  His friend is there too, so...death, I guess.
It has been 5 years since the last Film and that one's Hero (of sorts) has been hiding out.

He's called back in to help solve the kidnappings, which is happening earlier this year.

Is he Tom Green now?
That sardonic Santa is back and he's passing on his Naughty List (which is just a boring piece of paper) to Krampus.

Also, yes, these shots were done the same way.
Lazy Cinematography is lazy.
Making things harder is this Crime Boss Guy (with like 4 goons) who wants to kill our Hero on account of him killing his Brother (friend of the Site Bill Oberst Jr.).

What does this mean for the Film?

It means that KRAMPUS- the Title Character- is just gone for the next 30+ minutes.  Joy.
Will our Heroes be able to stop Krampus and/or the Criminals?
Will I be able to stay awake during this dreary Film?

To find out, stream it now...I guess...Ho Ho Ho?
Wow, this...is not good.  I was hoping to have softened on this in the 6 Years since I saw the original Film.

Nope.  Still sucks.  Alot.

It is dark, dreary and pretty listless.  It's just so uninteresting.  The Acting is not good enough to liven things up when you get such 'rich' settings as An Empty House, a barely lit Bar, a Barn and someone's barely lit House.

Why is it so hard to make a Krampus Film?  Oh right- they didn't make one.

This is a 'Krampus Film' where the guy barely does anything but kills a few random people and... that's it.  Again- he's barely in this Film.

I guess I'll stick with the old stuff from the Comics...

A Film that isn't about what it should be.  Just make a fun Krampus Film, folks- it's not difficult!

No comments:

Post a Comment