Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Buy the...VHS?!?: Poltergeist- The Legacy

 A while back, I stumbled across a double-find on one day.

At one Thrift Store, this VHS Tape- a Screener Copy sent to Video Stores/Retail Locations.
At another Thrift Store (less than a block away), a DVD of Season 1 (of 4!) of that Series!

It was a good (and weird day).

Before watching the Pilot (on the VHS Copy), I was treated to a now-defunct Service Ad for...

That's right- you can buy Tapes from MGM exclusively for your Video Store.
The future is bright and endless!

Look at the prices- it's a bargain!
The tape promotes three Films/Projects.

A TV Movie called The Limbic Region (no copy I can find)
A TV Movie called Escape Clause (which is Streaming on Prime, supposedly)
The Pilot Episode of Poltergeist- The Legacy.

How can you NOT get Pure Profits (TM) with those?!?
After all, the Projects have Ads run on TV.

It's fun here to see who has changed their logos/names over the Years and who hasn't...
The Ad is only five minutes, but what a fun five minutes it is.

Plus, I just heard about 2 Films that I haven't heard about before.
Double plus, I just saw a Trailer for the thing I am about to see (which SPOILS a few key bits).

Given that this tape is from MGM and I doubt the Promotion is still running, we're cool, right guys?

Either way, it was a fun little diversion for me.
Now to watch Video Formats and catch more of the Series....

No comments:

Post a Comment