Monday, March 25, 2024

Lost in Translation?: Reservoir Dogs

 A Poster and alternate Title that makes me wonder something for the first time...

What does the Title even mean?

As someone who just knew the Film as 'that cool heist Film with the Ear Scene,' it never occured to me that I should wonder what the Title even meant.

Well, in Italy, the Film has a different Title...

According to Google (so it must be right!), it means 'The Hyenas' or 'Hyenas.'

I guess if a 'Reservoir Dog' is one you can't trust at all- which I think is the idea- then I guess this Title gets the same point across.

Plus, it avoids an American Idiom...assuming that it even is one.

Here's another one (since I couldn't decide which to use)...
Okay, so truth time...

I'm not the only one to never bother wondering what the Title meant, right?  Right?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment