Thursday, August 3, 2023

Tubi Thursday: Scream of the Blind Dead (2022)

 Amando De Ossorio died in 2001.  So why is there another Blind Dead Film...from 2022?

I'll explain in my Review of...

So, this is a 'Fan Film' in the best and worst ways.

We see long, slow shots set to unsettling synth music following a woman chased through a field.

She's killed by a Blind Dead...during the daytime.
Okay, now let's follow this brunette lady around.

She gets off a train and walks, as you do, down the train tracks instead.
She...eventually...runs across a Blind Dead who rises from you grave to chase her...slowly.

We also get random flashbacks involving her and some woman.
What happens with her and the (singular) Blind Dead?
Why does it take nearly 40 minutes?

To find out, stream this Short (but not short enough) Film now.
I really want to like this one.  I've tried to find ways to do so since I watched it last night (i've been busy today).

I like the Blind Dead Films.  Yes, even the 3rd one.
As noted, the Creator of the Films has been dead for about half of my life.  Hell, I hadn't seen any of the Films by the time that he died in 2001.

So why don't I like an attempt to emulate his works?

It is too slow.  It is too long.  It has so little content.
She wanders around (in slow motion).  The singular Blind Dead chases her (in slow motion).
She hides from it...right in front of her (in slow motion).

There is a good 15-20 minutes of content if you had a real Plot and less slow motion.
As it is, the Film is prolonged and I can't recommend it to anyone but hardcore fans of Spanish/Euro Horror Fans.

Stick with the Originals.

Again- I can't help but say that the Writer/Director does a good job.  He just makes the thing about twice as long as the content warranted.

No comments:

Post a Comment