Saturday, October 19, 2024

Compendium: ALL of the 'Ringu/The Ring' Films

 While working on a different subject, it occurred to me that this needed to exist.

Over the years, I think I've done every official Ringu/The Ring Film.
That doesn't include the Chinese bootleg crossovers- since they don't have proper English dubs yet.

As such, let me put a link to ALL of the Reviews in chronological order.


1) The Ring- Kanzenban (1995)- the forgotten OG is the closest to the Book, but also short.

2) Ringu (1998/9)- The classic where most people start.

(Side-note- I own a Japanese DVD that somehow is also Region 1.  Weird)

3) Rasen (1998/9)- The intentionally ignored Sequel actually played at the same time in Theaters in Japan.  No, really!

4) Ringu 2 (1999)- A year later, they pretended that THIS was the real Sequel.

********

5) The Ring Virus (1999)- A Film so popular in Japan and the World that South Korea made their own.  Why not?

********

6) Ringu 0- Birthday (2000): The so-so Prequel that doesn't really match up with future Films.  Oops.


7)
The Ring (2002)- The one that casual fans (not to make that a slur) know and love.

8) Rings (2005)- The super-completionist in me made sure to cover this Short Film that bridges The Ring and The Ring 2...and is only available on the latter's Special Edition DVD.

9) The Ring Two (2005)- Let me just use the word 'two' to make things easier.  This is easier than explaining so much of this Film.


10) Sadako 3-D (2012)- We're back to Japan after a break.  We're also in the time when 3-D was revived (not that I watched this Film in it)

11) Sadako vs. Kayako (2016)- Japan's answer to Freddy vs Jason.  It's kind of bonkers and I love it for that.



12) Rings (2017)- Let's hop back to America for this very forgotten Sequel.  More retcons and backstory, plus a Big Bang Actor.

**********

13) Sadako (2019)- Back to Japan again.  It seems like they are trying to make a new Series here with the last Sadako Film...I guess.

* I'll cover the 2022 Film that I just learned existed later and add it in *


No comments:

Post a Comment