Friday, September 6, 2024

Tubi Friday: Night of the Comet (1984)

 My schedule is all out of whack this week, but I can't skip Tubi.

As such, here's a rare Friday edition where I check another '80s Cult Classic off of my List...

It is 1984.  A Comet is about to pass by the Earth.

Let's celebrate!

What could go wrong?
It turns out that the radiation from the Comet turned everyone exposed to it directly into dust!
Neaby, a young Thanos takes notes.

Our Heroine survived by staying the night with her (soon written out) boyfriend in the Projection Booth.

Time to be an Action Heroine!
There are also Zombies that sometimes show up.

I was expecting way more of them, but honestly glad to not be bogged down by them too much either.
She finds her Sister- who also avoided dusting- and they try to find someone for help.

They would get it in the form of Hector (aka Chakotay from Star Trek: Voyager).
The duo can't stay together forever, as Hector goes to check on his family.

Left alone, the duo try to find hope in a barren World that looks like New York during that smoke coverage last year.

Of course, they are not alone.

To find out, stream the Film now.
Thankfully, this is a Film that pretty much lives up to its reputation.

The Film is one of those that really works like a Time Capsule.  You watch it and see how things truly were back then.  I was 1 years old, so I wasn't exactly cognizant.
It is fun to see.

The Plot is a riff on the Last Man on Earth idea, but with quite a few twists and turns there.  Having the sisterly bond is nice to see.

There's lots more to the Plot than I was expecting as well.  This is one that could easily be done again in an expanded format like a Limited Series too.
Someone has to have considered it.

Plus, a partial Eating Raoul reunion to boot.

The actual Film is quite fun and sure makes me feel a bit dumb for not seeing it until now.
What?!?- I had excuses!

A Film that lives up to the hype.  If we are reliant upon some Valley Girls to save humanity, I like our odds!

No comments:

Post a Comment