A Film that wasn't going to be released just a year or so ago.
I had to support it.
The Good
* The Plot is a good one, taking inspiration from an idea that people have talked about for a long time. Why not sue the Company whose products always backfire?
* Will Forte is great here, playing a mix of Comedic and Dramatic. His Arc is key to the Film.
* The mix of Animation and Live Action is great. Lots of subtle bits that just sell you on this weird world.
* The Film has great gags and a great message.
* The Film has great gags and a great message.
* John Cena's giant bolo ties get a mention. They're something.
The Bad
* The Animation is CGI and cel shaded. I got used to the different look, but it's not everyone's favorite.
* How did you not end with a 'That's All Folks!" Weird.
* Some of the more obscure stuff in the Film (like Dr. Peter Lorre) or stuff that's supposed to be subtext why they picked 1992 to start at) will probably be lost on many people.
A really good Film that I'm so happy to be vindicated by. If it was bad or just so-so, it would be a darn shame.
It's so good and I'm glad that it's not rotting on a Server somewhere.


No comments:
Post a Comment