Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Immediate Response: Christopher Nolan's The Odyssey (2026)

 Before I see the big Tom Holland Film this Summer, I needed to see...the big Tom Holland Film of the Summer.

Look- I just went to see...

The Good
* The Film is epic is scope and absolutely delivers on what you expect from 'Christopher Nolan does The Odyssey.'  Clearly, they cut NO corners.
* The Acting is really good across the board, from the Leads like Damon and Holland to people in smaller, but integral roles like Page and Nyong'o.

* All of the moments you expect to see are here (in some form or another). 
The Cyclops is a real standout, from the FX to the overall execution.
* Everyone gets a moment to shine here, which is great to see in a Film like this.
* The Score deserves a mention here.  Big, booming and a big highlight.

The Bad
* The Film has some really violent moments in it.  Just a warning for anyone who, you know, doesn't know the Story.
* I don't necessarily know if this one needed to be told somewhat out of order (not to the extent of Oppenheimer).  It's not a huge deal, but the framing is notable.

* This is probably just a 'me' thing, but they built up finally showing us Agamemnon for so long that when we see him, I was expecting some big surprise Star.  Not a knock on the guy, but I was expecting someone else.

* It's a shame that things like them changing how the Gods are represented to who they cast in certain roles.  
Honestly, don't let it keep you from seeing this!

Please don't judge the Film on the many Fake AI Image Generated Trailers either. 
Like...why is this a thing?

Nolan does Nolan stuff with a big Budget and a retelling of a literal Epic.

No comments:

Post a Comment